Recipes - Miso Soup with Spinach
I was wanting some quick food the other night following a very long day, and I got some spinach from Philip so why not, whip up a very quick miso soup using the fresh spinach?
White (Shiro) miso paste: One tablespoon per cup/bowl of soup
Stock: Use Fish Stock/Dashi powder where possible. Substitute with vegetable stock.
1.5 cup of water
Spring Onion (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil over high heat. Add stock powder or stock. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add spinach and tofu, and stir to combine.
- Meanwhile, place miso in a small bowl, and stir in 1/4 cup cooking liquid until miso is dissolved.
- Add mixture to saucepan, stirring to combine. Do not let soup boil once miso has been added.
- Remove from heat. Ladle soup into four serving bowls. Sprinkle each with spring onion. Serve immediately.